At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- set up a new project in the Touch Table, load maps from the Knowledge Portal and use tools in order to sketch objects, measure the size of objects, define buffer zones and define the scale and the extent of maps
- apply two features of the Touch Table:
- the feature service to do real time analysis on the touch table with pre-configured map layers
- the photo map to combine maps with texts and images
- upload map layers to the geoserver
- identify important aspects to consider in a real application of information services with regard to the preparation, the realisation and maintenance
- know how information services can be used in order to support scenario planning
This ToT activity takes a practical approach for capacity development, aiming at developing a training on ADM in close cooperation with the proposed trainers. This will be done by providing both content and an environment to work as a team to be able to meet the demands of the proposed trainers. The focus of the activity will be on capacity building for longer term planning and implementation, and improving the capabilities for integrated assessments and analyses, thus widening the scope for solutions and development of sustainable solutions in the delta.
The overall learning objective of this training is to develop capacity for Adaptive Delta Management: longer term planning and integrated assessment. The training should lead to an increased operational understanding of decision makers and planners about longer term planning and integrated assessment, including:
practical decision making in view of socio-economic and environmental
developments including climate change
understanding of BDP2100 and SDG in relation to delta management
The second learning objective is to enable the participants to develop a training on the subject for their own organisation and implement this training in order to improve the understanding of ADM within the various water management organisations.
After the training, participants should be able to:
sustainability criteria and uncertainty principles into operational delta
how long-term socio-economic and environmental developments influence
decision-making at the short, medium and long term, and how present-day
decision-making influences long term developments;
how non-stationarity and uncertainty can be used in decision-making including
the role of scenarios and models in long term adaptive planning;
long term planning with policy preparation and decision-making;
how integrated assessments are needed to support long term planning;
and coordinate integrated assessments; and
and coordinate studies into development of measures that account for long term
Specifically for this training, participants should be able to initiate and coordinate a training programme within their own organisation.
How to use Technologies in my course?
Best practices of using the various technologies around and implementing them into your Moodle course.
Multimedia, Flash, Java, Video, Animation...
We all need water! Let's look at things we are doing well and not so well in managing this precious resource.
This course is intended to help you to learn the Moodle LMS (Learning management system) which is used to manage all the training courses and material of the DeltaCAP project.
Moodle is a free and open-source software learning management system that is widely used by educators from around the world. Developed on pedagogical principles, Moodle is used for blended learning, distance education, flipped classroom and other e-learning projects in schools, universities, workplaces and other sectors.
With customizable management features, it is used to create private websites with online courses for educators and trainers to achieve learning goals. Moodle (acronym for modular object-oriented dynamic learning environment) allows for extending and tailoring learning environments using many community contributed add-ons.
This course is divided into two main areas:
- Teacher training - intended to help educators to become effective in using the system.
- Technical training - Covers essential technical information to manage a Moodle course more effectively.
An introductory course on hydraulic modelling of water supply and distribution systems.
Upon successful completion you will be able to:
- Download install and open the latest EPANET desktop software.
- Open and run a given network model.
- Explain the model input, parameters and output and to change them sensibly.
- Develop a simple (=several pipes) network and simulate it to solve a problem.
- Examine and explain the results of a simulation of a large network.
- Design a pump system for a water distribution system and select a pump from a pump catalogue.
Discussion on Pedagogy with
The development of a framework for assessment of water and
• Need to identify the ‘best way’ to spend the available resources to deliver the
required level of service for water
• For project selection and prioritization for improvement of water services
• Including operation and maintenance
• For the vulnerable areas in Jordan with a focus in the northern governorates
Course material for a 2 day hands-on training on UAV surveying. The instrument(s) used in this training are:
1. DJI Phantom 4 RTK
2. DJI D-RTK 2 station
Only some of the instructions are specific to these tools. Much of the content is applicable for UAV surveys in general.